After eight years, we said 'good-bye' to Basha, our black labrador non-retriever, last night. Kurt found a couple whose black lab had died, who would pay him more attention than we do, and who aren't trying to move to a new home with a yard begging for a dog to destroy it. (they're going to try to train to him to be a house dog--good luck!!)
Nathan: Is just starting to say dog (OK, "duh," and likes to pat him and try to play with him... most of the time, Basha ignores him:)
Daniel: was excited to go on a 'last walk' with Kurt and Beth (and Basha), and even got to hold the leash for a while.
Joseph: I'm glad he's gone. (ahem, Joseph was the one who left the gate open last time Basha escaped...)
Caleb: I want him away.
Beth: it's going to be strange without for a while.
Jacob: it is going to be sad without him
Michael: Bye!
Rebekah: My sweet innocent little puppy....even though he drives me crazy, I still love him and I'll miss him. I hope he doesn't forget me.
1 comment:
That is nice you were able to find him a nice home. I can't believe you were able to keep up with a dog with being so busy with your kids. We miss being closer and seeing everyone more often. We (the kids and I) will be at Twin Lakes this year and hope to see lots of family and friends. I love to read your blog and love all of your kids comments. They will cherish those comments. What a great journaling idea!
Post a Comment