Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow Day!

Thursday (yesterday), our school district had what they called a 'reverse dismissal,' where the middle school and high schools let out early, and elementary got out on time.  It had started snowing mid-morning, and kept coming, which people are NOT used to here!  We got about six inches yesterday (hard to measure because of the wind), a little more overnight, and it's supposed to keep coming today and tomorrow, turning to freezing rain, then rain Sunday/Monday.  Could be an interesting weekend!  School/sports events are all cancelled, including the Stake RS Women's Conference tomorrow:(


But I've been having fun with my camera, and thought we needed to get the kids' take on the situation:


Nathan:  'playing in the snow with the kids and my family is cold and fun.  Next is the top our driving back home.  Nathan's family in his house.  Michael is Nathan's brother.'  Yeah, I don't know what most that means, either.

Yes, Joseph is jumping on the iced-over-pond, in shorts!
Daniel:  It's fun to be home from school.  I played in the snow, and made snowballs, and had a snowball fight (though the snow doesn't pack very well, it's too cold)


Charcoal escaped the sport court a couple of times, but Joseph and Caleb are getting better at catching her:)
Joseph:  I want to go sledding (he got left behind when Caleb and Daniel tagged along with Jacob and his friends).  I liked playing with Charcoal (the bunny) in the snow--she liked digging.
Michael and Caleb scooped snow into a mound, hoping to have it warm up enough to make a fort.  Charcoal thought it was an excellent place to burrow:)
Caleb:  went sledding and it was fun.

The neighbor's driveway has a better 'sledding' slope than ours!
Beth:  Charcoal was very fun to watch. She shoved her way through the snow (which was as tall as her) face first. She also dug herself some sort of burrow. I also climbed a tree in the snow. I had a snow fight with shovel fulls of snow instead of snowballs (because the snow didn't pack)

Jacob:  hung out with friends and went sledding and help build a ramp to sled on for my younger brothers

Michael:  I enjoy going out walking with nothing but shorts and a tee shirt on.

Eight inches by dinnertime and counting!

No comments: