Somehow we'd missed the existence of this gem of a waterfall and 'hike' through a gorge near Multnomah Falls on the other side of Portland from here. This was our last big family activity before Rebekah and Michael left for college in August. Kurt thought I was crazy, but I brought my good camera, in a big ziploc bag in a backpack.
| The 'log jam' from the back--most of us swam out instead of climbed again--was the scariest part of the short 'hike' through the streambed. |
Nathan: The waterfall was cool to look at, but I didn't want to go under it.
Daniel: Walking through the water was fun, but FREEZING. I walked on the sides when the water was deep in the middle, and swam the deep part going back.
Joseph: it was fun right by the waterfall
Caleb: The jumping off was realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cold but was fun.
Beth: LOVED this! The water was freezing, and I enjoyed climbing/swimming under the waterfall.
Jacob: I'm kool.
I'm slow posting, so Michael and Rebekah get out of adding their two bits' worth of commentary:
| Rebekah's style points jump |
| Michael at the waterfall |
| Wet, but happy! (this was before Joseph fell on the logs going out) |
No comments:
Post a Comment