Joseph: didn't like it being dark in the tent at night, but did like having a fire and playing games on the grass.
Caleb: liked the volleyball tournament (he played, too), and hiking the trails around our campsite with his stick. And he LOVED the fire.
Beth: I liked roasting marshmallows, and all the games. I especially liked the water games, like water balloons and a game that you try to pick up as many marbles as you can out of a little pool in 30 seconds. I was against Rebekah and I got 15 marbles and she got 30. I liked the sponge relay, too. But I didn't really liked sleeping in the tent that much.
Jacob: throwing water balloons at the missionaries (editor's note: the elders came with a less-active family, in P-day clothes; they were breaking waterballoons on the kids heads, so deserved what they got:)
Michael: the volleyball tourney. i was in charge
Rebekah: I loved the soccer game at the end. It was tons of fun. Lots of people were playing, the missionaries, a few youth, lots of little kids, and some adults. I had my friends on my team. The game went on for a long time, we kept trying to end it, and then someone would start it up again. It was so funny watching the little kids swarm around the big people. The field was still a little wet, so we were slipping but nobody cared. The marble toe jam was fun too, you stuck your feet in a kiddie pool and tried to get as many marbles with your toes as you could. I set a record-30 in a minute (which later got beat, but that's ok). The sponge race was fun too, the little kids loved it! And the talent show was great, even though we only had about 6 acts.
mom: Raining all night wasn't something I was prepared for, but it could have been worse. Only a few drips and puddles in the tent...
4 years ago
1 comment:
This is so fun, Gail! I love this idea of hearing your kids' opinions on different things. I can really get a sense of their cute personalities!
Post a Comment