Sunday, June 24, 2012

Heninger Reunion Favorites!

We had a great time with Kurt's family in Colorado Springs.  Kurt's parents rented the (large) house next to his sister's cute home, so we were all close together, but had space.  We missed Kurt's brothers, but were happy to spend time with everyone, and get to know a (hopefully) soon-to-be-uncle:)



Nathan:  and Evaleen, his cousin 5 days younger than him, were so-o-o cute together!

Daniel:  and Hyrum, his four-year-old cousin, were 'friends' because they were both 4 (can't remember Daniel's exact quote).  'I liked feeding the giraffes.'

Joseph:  ping pong with the cousins and Eric and dad (these high altitude donuts weren't actually that tasty)

Caleb:  feeding the giraffes

Beth:  I liked the grizzly bears--they played and fought and swam and knawed, all right in front of us! (through a dirty piece of glass, so no good pictures:P)

Jacob:  I liked watching the grizzly bears at the zoo--we had to climb up a huge set of stairs to get up to their exhibit (Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is on the side of a mountain.)


Michael:  Air Force Academy was interesting, except the recruiting video.  The novelty of all the security and  just being there (we picnicked and played at a pavillion near the 'family camping' area after grandpa took us on a tour of a few public facilities there)  Also feeding the giraffes was cool, the novelty of doing that.




Rebekah:

Gail:  Once-in-a-lifetime chance to drive to 14,000 feet above sea level!  Pike's Peak was amazing (and I was so-o-o glad I wasn't the one actually driving:)

No comments: