Nathan: Hop on Pop, of course, because he always tries to get Kurt to pick him up:)
Daniel: He prefers Spot books lately instead...
Joseph: green eggs and ham I do not no why
Caleb: butter side up & butter side down war because of the war!!!!!:):(
Beth: i like fox in socks because i like to try to say all the words fast
Jacob: The Lorax because it has a good lesson in it be kind to the environment
Michael: Green eggs and ham is a classic, and if the world were to go all electronic and only keep one book, that would be it.
Rebekah: Umm....how about Seussical? There's just so many good ones...green eggs and ham, the Lorax, Yertle the Turtle, Sneeches, Horton hears a Who, Horton hatches the Egg...I guess if you force me to choose I'd go with Gertrude McFuzz, because I like the message of that one, that she's perfect the way she is, and shouldn't try to change to be like everyone else. I just love how all the Dr. Seuss books are so fun and silly, but they all have good deeper messages.
mom: While I love many of them (Yertle the Turtle, Horton Hatches the Egg, Gertrude McFuzz and The Brag), and have several memorized from re-readings (Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop, One Fish, Two Fish, Green Eggs and Ham), I have happy memories of Grandma Skeen and mom reading us The Grinch at Christmas, plus we got to watch that at our mission Christmas party, so that's probably my favorite. I read an article Wednesday about financial lessons from Seuss, and realized again how many stories teach values...
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment