Monday, September 16, 2013

What do you want to say about Michael's Eagle Court of Honor Sunday night?

Two proud grandpas!
Jacob, Joseph and Caleb did the flag ceremony
Doug Stott, Michael's scoutmaster in Glencoe Ward
Matt Hall, Michael's scoutmaster in our new ward
Michael's friend Sean Goodey conducted
Note to self for next time: two pins on the back of the Eagle, not one!
The big moment
Lots of support from current and former ward members (not pictured is the overflowing Eagles Nest in front)
Proud grandmas took care of serving the cake
Caleb did a good job as 'caller' for the flag ceremony
(and was first to turn in his dirty fork:)

Nathan:  My friend, little Caleb, came with his family.  I only liked the red plates, not cake or m&m's.

Daniel:  I put m&ms on my cake, and that was good.  Everything else was boring.

Joseph:  Everything was boring except for the cake & m&ms.  Even the flag ceremony.  They made me do the flag ceremony.

Caleb:   It was good.  No specifics.  

Beth:  It was boring, but at least it was short, and the cake & m&m's were good.

Jacob:  My favorite was the food.  Instead of inspiring me to work on my eagle project, realizing I'd have to talk in front of everyone made me not want to do any more. (insert mom eye roll and growl here)

Michael:  Short and sweet, just like this comment. (he did give a nice 'thank you' speech, including his scoutmaster's help navigating all the paperwork:)

Mom:  Many thanks to my friend Jennifer for beautifully fulfilling my last-second camera assignment!  It all went great, thanks to all the help we had (grandmas and grandpas, I'm talking about you!)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Congratulations Michael! I love all the comments about cake =)